The Invoice Header
- If you are not already on the User View, click the Switch View hyperlink on the VersAccounts top menu bar and chose user view.
- Go to Invoices / New Invoice
- Select the Date for which on which the invoice is to be issued. (This date will be used for aging the invoice.)
- Choose the Customer from the drop-down list of active customers.
- Enter the customer's Purchase Order Number related to the invoice.(Optional)
- Enter your company's internal reference number.(Optional)
- Select the payment terms that apply for this particular invoice.
- Select the currency in which the invoice must be paid
- The default will be your company's base currency.
- The payment terms and currency fields will be populated automatically when you select the customer from the drop-down list. You can change either of these fields if you want.
- Note: If the invoice is payable in a foreign currency, then you will want to enter a multiplier for the current exchange rate. This is the number by which the foreign currency value will be multiplied to convert it to your firm's base currency.
- Enter a Message to be displayed on the invoice. (i.e. Thanks for the business!.)
- Click the Create Invoice button.
- This will create the invoice, with an automatically assigned invoice number, and allow you to begin entering its line items.
Invoice Line Items
- Select the General Ledger account to which you would like to post revenues for the invoice.
- The drop-down list will include all G/L revenue accounts as well as an entry for customer deposits.
- If the invoice is related to a product, enter the product's part number . If a product is chosen, there is no need to pick a General Ledger Account in step 1.
- Complete the fields for the each line item of the invoice. This must include:
- Item Description
- Either a Quantity & Unit Cost OR the Amount invoiced for the line item
- Applicable Taxes
- Link to shipments (optional)
- Select an Order Shipment from the "Link to Order Shipment" drop-down list. (This list will contain only order shipments for which no invoice has yet been issued. When you select an Order Shipment, the Invoice Line Item will automatically be populated with information from the corresponding Sales Order. You can edit the line item as appropriate.)
- Select a Service Sales Order Item from the "Link to Service Sales Order Item" drop-down list. (This list will contain any service items on Sales Order that have not been completely invoiced.)
- Select a project number from the "Link to Project" drop-down list. (This list will contain any projects that are currently open.)
- Click the Create Line Item button.
Repeat the above steps until your invoice has all required line items.
Editing Line Items
If you need to edit a line item after it has been created:
- Click on the Item Number hyperlink to the left of the line item.
- This will bring the item into the editing area.
- Perform any required changes to the item
- Click the Update Line Item button.
Deleting Line Items
If you need to delete a line item after it has been created:
- Click on the [X] hyperlink at the right of the line item.
- Click OK on the pop-up confirmation box.
Posting The Invoice
A valid invoice will contain a header and at least one line item. Once a valid invoice has been created, you will have the option of either posting
it. The relevant button will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
Post & Pay
If you wish to post the invoice and apply payment to it later, then click post. Alternatively, you can use the Post & Pay
area to post the invoice and pay it in full in a single step.
- Choose a date (the default is the invoice's date)
- Enter a payment reference number.
- This field must be unique. Most people would use the customer's cheque number.
- Choose the account to which you wish to receive payment.
- Choose the Payment Method
- Click the Post & Receive Payment button.